quick mu shu pork
12 ounces boneless pork top loin chops
1 tablespoon vegetable oil
3 cups sliced fresh button mushrooms (8 ounces)
1/2 cup sliced green onions (4)
4 cups packaged shredded cabbage with carrot (coleslaw mix)
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
1/8 teaspoon crushed red pepper
8 (7 to 8 inch) flour tortillas, warmed
1/4 cup hoisin sauce
1. Trim fat from meat. Cut meat into thin strips. In a large skillet or
wok heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add meat; cook and
stir for 2 - 3 minutes or until slightly pink in center. Remove from
2. Add mushrooms and green onions to hot skillet. Cook about 3
minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring occasionally.
3. Add cabbage with carrot; cook and stir about 1 minute or just
until cabbage is wilted.
4. Return meat to skillet. Stir in soy sauce, sesame oil, and crushed
red pepper; heat through.
5. Serve with tortillas and hoisin sauce.
cilantro chicken with peanuts (skinny recipe)
2 teaspoons peanut oil
1 pound skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into 1 inch
1/4 cup honey roasted peanuts
4 cloves garlic, minced
2 teaspoons minced fresh ginger
1/4 cup sliced green onions (2)
1 tablespoon soy sauce
2 teaspoons rice vinegar
1 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
1 cup fresh cilantro leaves
1 cup uncooked white rice
1. Cook rice; keep warm.
2. In a large heavy skillet heat peanut oil over medium-high heat.
Add chicken; cook and stir for 2 minutes.
3. Add peanuts, garlic, and ginger; cook and stir about 3 minutes or
until chicken is no longer pink.
4. Add green onions, soy sauce, rice vinegar, and sesame oil to
skillet. Cook and stir for 2 minutes more.
5. Remove from heat. Stir in cilantro.
6. Serve chicken mixture over rice.
spinach and provologne-stuffed chicken
4 (1/4 pound) chicken cutlets
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
8 very thin slices prosciutto
1 (10 ounce) package frozen chopped spinach, thawed and
1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
4 slices provologne cheese, each cut in half
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 (14 & 1/2 ounce) can chicken broth
1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley
1. Place chicken cutlets between two pieces of plastic wrap and
pound to even thickness with meat mallet or bottom of small heavy
2. Sprinkle chicken with pepper. Place 2 slices of prosciutto on top
of each cutlet. Spread spinach evenly over prosciutto and sprinkle
evenly with Parmesan cheese. Top each cutlet with 1 slice (2
halves) provologne cheese. Roll up each chicken cutlet starting at
tapered end. Secure each roll with toothpick.
3. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add
chicken rolls and cook until golden brown on all sides, about 4
minutes. Add broth and cook, scraping up browned bits from
bottom of skillet with wooden spoon. Bring broth to boil; reduce
heat ands simmer, covered, until chicken is cooked through, about
10 minutes longer.
4. Transfer chicken to platter and keep warm. Increase heat under
skillet to high and cook until pain liquid is syrupy, about 5 minutes.
Pour over chicken and sprinkle with parsley.
Serve this dish with a side of whole wheat penne topped with
chopped tomato and thinly sliced basil.